Wednesday, May 25, 2011

My First Plugged Milk Duct

Yesterday was not a good day in the land of Mommy/Liam breastfeeding. Monday, I had a horrible headache so my mom watched Liam for me so I could lay down. Well, laying down = 4 hour nap, a missed breastfeeding session and a plugged milk duct.

Okay, I will admit it. I am a bit of a worrier. I can turn any problem into something huge so I was pretty sure I had mastitis. I googled my butt off and once I felt confident, I started the treatment process. After lots of massaging, pumping and three hot showers (Sorry Mother Earth), I finally was able to get the duct unplugged. Oh, Happy Day! It was still a little sore and I had a little pain when Liam nursed last night but this morning I feel great.

Lesson learned: I will definitely take more time during feedings and while pumping. Oh, and no more four hour naps for me.

2 comments:

  1. Clogged milk ducts are the worse!! Nursing with a clogged milk duct is horrible!! I got them with Miles all the time. Take a warm wash cloth and lay it on there, massage, do it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was horrible! Now anytime I have even the slightest pain in one of the boobs, I'm going to freak out. Lol. Oh, the life of a hypochondriac.

    ReplyDelete