Thursday, March 10, 2011

Returning to Work (boo!)

I don't know how I forgot to mention returning to my National Guard base this past weekend. After three months off, I returned to work on March 5th. For days beforehand, I was dreading leaving because I hate crying (even the thought of crying upsets me and therefore, makes me want to cry). Since my base is over an hour away and work starts at 0700, I had to leave the house around 0530. I usually stay the weekend but the base daycare was full so my mom watched Liam and I came home Saturday after work.
Come to find out, all my worrying was for nothing. The day flew by since I had three months of classes to catch up on. I was busy all day doing physicals, online classes, an interview for another job, etc. Now don't get me wrong, I definitely missed Liam but I got to talk to all the other parents in my shop about our kids so it was fun. It also helped that my boss put the birth announcement I sent on the fridge :)
Hopefully I'll be able to stay the night with Liam next month instead of driving home but either way, I'm sure I'll miss being with him. Next month will also be the first time I will be away overnight since I have a conference two hours away. I know that Liam will be in good hands as long as I start pumping to make sure that he won't starve.
Uh, oh. Someone's waking up from their nap. Goodbye for now!

<3 Jaye

No comments:

Post a Comment