Friday, August 12, 2011

Back to Work...

Liam and I are finally home after my eleventh straight day of working at my base. Today is day one of our three day weekend (yay!). We still have six more workdays to go (four days next week and two days the following week). So far things have been pretty good. Tamara, a family friend, has been watching Liam through the week for me except for this past weekend. My base contracts childcare for drill weekends so Liam spent the weekend with Kay. During the first few days with Tamara, he was not happy at all. He cried a lot and even fussed once we were together at the hotel. I decided that it was a mix of separation anxiety and teething (his top two teeth are coming in). When I picked him up from Tamara Friday after work, she told me that he did a lot better but I was still worried about how he would do with Kay. Well, I was glad to find out that he was amazing! Kay loved him and said that she wished she could watch him full-time. She even took pictures of him (as well as the other Air Force kids) and sent us a slideshow during work. This week, Liam did amazing at Tamara's as well.
While working, we stayed in a hotel since my base is over an hour away from home. It was definitely interesting living in a hotel with an infant. At first I was not looking forward to it but Liam and I bonded even more (if that's possible). These past eleven days have made me love my little man even more. He's an amazing little guy and feels my heart with joy.
Even though our daycare, work and hotel journey isn't over, we made it past the hard part and I realized that it wasn't really that hard after all. Now, we just need Daddy to come home so we can use our future weekend hotel stays as mini staycations.

No comments:

Post a Comment