Friday, November 4, 2011

Getting Fit: Diary One

I did a previous post about weight loss, getting in shape and starting Ripped in 30. Well, yeah, that didn't happen. I just could not get motivated enough to even start the videos (and I feel so bad about it). I have continued watching my calories and using MyFitnessPal (feel free to add me, I need the motivation).
I haven't taken my measurements since my last weight loss blog post in September but I'm guessing they have changed a little. I have lost weight since then as well.

I may have said all this stuff in that post but I'll just repeat myself anyways. When I found out I was pregnant with Liam, I weighed 124 lbs (although I was usually between 115-120 that previous year). I gained 45 lbs and ended up weighing 169 lbs when I went into labor with Liam. My weight loss plateaued at 146 lbs until I started using MyFitnessPal in August. Since then I've lost 25.5 lbs (I weighed in at 120.5 lbs this morning).

My original weight loss goal was 120 lbs but I decided that 118 lbs sounded a little better. I know that you should look at how your body looks and not the scale but I must admit, I like seeing a certain number on the scale (wow, I kind of sound like someone with a hidden eating disorder). While I am still deciding on whether I want to try to maintain my weight or go for the 118 goal, I know that I am going to need to start exercising. Since Will will be returning soon (and he's currently on an exercise kick), he'll definitely be a source of motivation. We plan to go running together although that is definitely one of my weak areas.

Anyways, I'm going to stop rambling now. I hope that I can find a workout plan that works for me and stick with it (and as soon as I do, I'm sure I'll want to ramble about it).

1 comment:

  1. You are beautiful Jaye!
    I think I understand the number on the scale thing though.
    I was about 145 pre-pregnancy...I put on about 31 lbs, so I was 176 when I had Bitsy.
    I weighed in the other day at 149 and couldn't believe I was only 4 lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight.
    I realized though that I actually probably need to get down to 140 to fit in my clothes again...AND put on about 5 lbs (bringing me back to 145) of muscle. Just remember that muscle weighs more than fat so the number on the scale IS tricky to gauge.
    Base your weight on how you feel :)
    Let me know how I can be of help!!!

    ReplyDelete