Wednesday, April 18, 2012

16 Month Update!!

Wow! Time has definitely flown by. Liam is growing (last time he decided to weigh himself, the scale said 27.8 lbs) and learning like crazy. We've experienced a few milestones that have been fun as a few that have been not so fun. I'll start with the good.

Liam has been talking a lot more. He definitely babbles all the time but lately he's been trying to repeat words. Here are a list of words he can say:
Mama
Daddy
Bye Bye
Hello (he likes to pretend to talk on the phone a lot and uses just about anything as a phone)
Peppa (his name for all of the dogs)
Please
Peek
No
Stop
Go
Yeah
Baby
Bubble
Pop
Ball

As you can see, we have a very talkative boy on our hands. Other than talking, Liam has decided that climbing is his new favorite activity. This little boy is climbing everything! He climbed onto our kitchen table yesterday. I just found him shimmying his way onto our t.v. stand. It's absolutely nerve wrecking. I'm just crossing my fingers that we don't have any falling incidents (although Will broke his left arm twice as a child...crossing my fingers, crossing my fingers).

He's a fun guy who thinks he's hilarious. He does this fake laugh all the time and I love it. He has a beautiful smile and flashes it all day long. Now, he does have him moments when that smile is nowhere in sight. We've experienced quite a few temper tantrums over the past month. He is very strong willed and when he sets his mind on something, it's hard to change it. I have realized that I am not a very patient person and am working hard to make sure that even though we have difficult times, we smile as well.

Okay, enough talking from me. Here's the boy!


Yesterday, Liam was hanging out with my mom while I attended a class. They went for a walk and Liam decided that he was going to run ahead of my mom. He learned the hard way that it's a bad idea to run on gravel. My poor little guy's nose is so scuffed up but I assure you, it looks a lot worse than it is.


No comments:

Post a Comment