Tuesday, April 8, 2014

A Lesson to be Learned

Aka "The time the Army kept most of our paycheck". 

I just checked our pay for next payday and I am surprised that I'm not curled up in a ball, crying after seeing such a low amount. We knew this was a big possibility in the back of our mind but overall, we could have prepared a lot better.

Pretty much, after Will came home on emergency leave and they decided that he did not need to return, the Army did not stop his deployment pay (even after multiple trips to Finance). After we finally got things worked out, they told us how much we owed and we set up payment arrangements. Well, let's just say that the Army decided not to use that arrangement and instead is taking all of the overpay this month. Yeah, not fun at all.

If this had been a couple months ago, I would be freaking out. I'm not sure if it's because we were semi-prepared for this or if I'm learning to deal with these hurdles (and controlling my anxiety better). Either way, I have learned a lesson in this situation. We definitely need to simplify our lives and start building our savings. We want to be more yah prepared if a situation like this were to happen again. 

Any tips on simplifying and/or building savings?

No comments:

Post a Comment