Sunday, November 29, 2015

Life Lately


This year has been full of forward and backwards movement. It has truly been one of the most difficult years of our marriage. I feel like the worst is behind us now and I'm ready for a fresh start.
I hate to put so much pressure on our move to Hawaii but I honestly feel like it's the change we need right now. Even with the chaotic and most likely stressful move ahead of us, I see so much promise in Hawaii. 
But before we even start packing for our move, we still have the holidays (as well as Liam's birthday and this tiny baby's arrival) to get through. We're keeping things simple this year. I am letting go of the need for control and perfection with our decorations, mostly because I'm on a no-buying mission. There are so many things I wanted to add this year (a new garland, more decor) but in reality, they were all unnecessary. I want to focus on experiences rather than things so I put away our expensive glass ornaments and decided to let the boys do most of the tree trimming. I think that's a better memory anyways. 

No comments:

Post a Comment