Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Scrapes and Bites, Oh my!

The last two days have been a little rough for us. Liam is on the move and in typical boy fashion, is very daring. He has taken a liking to standing on furniture (especially the couch and bed) and had his first accident yesterday. Whenever he stands on the couch, I'll tell him to sit down and once I get close, he'll sit and laugh. Well, he was standing up and when he went to sit down, he hit his mouth on the back of the sectional. I picked him up and that's when Will noticed that he was bleeding from his mouth. Talk about a scary moment. Luckily he didn't hurt himself too bad but the sight of the blood on my shirt was enough to freak me out.

If that wasn't enough, today one of the dogs nipped Liam after he scared her while she was sleeping. Our two dogs are very little guys (Shih Tzus) and although they are well behaved, I knew something like this would eventually happen. Liam is very rough with them and even though we try to minimize the amount of contact between them, it happens. Will and I will make it a priority to teach Liam boundaries when it comes to the dogs. I know some people would think about giving the dogs away after an incident like this but something like that would not be an option for me (I mean, Liam bit me yesterday but I'm not going to give him up for adoption). We're all a package deal. Life with a baby is new for all of us and we have plenty of time to figure things out.

1 comment:

  1. I'm curious how our boys will handle Addy getting bigger and more mobile. They are older so I just hope they are practice patience too. Boundaries will be a must...tell me if you have any hints on how to successfully enforce this! :)
    Biz

    ReplyDelete