Thursday, October 2, 2014

Making Conscious Decisions

I have neglected this blog. Honestly, I never really knew what I wanted from this space. I knew I wanted to share our lives but I also wanted to use this space as an outlet.

Over the last year, I have lost myself. Being a stay at home mom was never in my plans. Even though I didn't work a traditional full-time job when we were in the states (I worked as a Breastfeeding Counselor as well as served at my Guard base), I still had an identity of my own. Moving to Germany and staying home definitely changed that. I finally realized that I need to reclaim my identity. Don't get me wrong, I love staying home with my boys but I know that I need to make some changes in order for me to be the best possible mom for them. I feel like October is a good month for change. It's the first full month of Autumn (one of my favorite seasons), the leaves are changing, the weather is changing so why not implement some changes/self-improvement as well.

Source

1. Release negativity from our lives. 
This means breaks from Facebook (the main source of social media I use) and removing negative people and conversations. I'll also make a conscious effort to put out a positive energy. 

2. Eating sensibly
I know that clean eating means so many different things. To me, it means eating less processed foods and using whole, organic ingredients whenever possible. I tend to hold the boys to a stricter standard than myself but that will change. If they can't eat it, neither can I. 

3. Take care of myself
This is the one I will have a hard time doing. I have let myself become such a low priority that I have forgotten who I am. I'm going to invest time in myself, doing things I enjoy. I think that will make a world of difference.

I'm hoping to use this space to document this journey, to express my feelings, fears, insecurities and to share our imperfectly perfect lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment