Sunday, July 17, 2011

Liam got a Sippy Cup!!

Since Liam is breastfed, I never really thought about when we would try introducing cups. Then I took a trip to Walmart, wandered down a baby aisle and found myself face to face with a wall of sippy cups. I decided to take a chance and try one out. Well, if you know me personally, you probably already know that it took me, hmmm, a good 20 minutes to finally decide on a cup. After looking and touching tons of sippy cups, I finally decided on the Nuby No-Spill GripN'Sip.


 "Yay! No juice on the rug!"


And since this was our first time trying out a sippy cup, I decided to give Liam a little diluted apple juice as well (way too many treats for one day, lol). He figured out how to drink right away but then I noticed a slight problem. Since he's breastfed and rarely drinks out of bottles, he doesn't feel the need to hold his sippy cup (unless he's using it to bang on something). This is one of the reasons why we've only tried out the cup a few times (the next time I gave it to him, he didn't even want to drink out of it). We'll definitely be trying to use the sippy cup a little more often, just so that Liam gets the hang out it. Right now though, I'm perfectly fine with him wanting solely Mommy/Liam time.

No comments:

Post a Comment