Sunday, March 18, 2012

Sunshine through the Rain

Although my last post was a bit depressing (maybe because it talked about depression), things in our home have been looking up. I've decided to take the necessary steps to my our life a happy and healthy one.

Since becoming a wife and a mother, I have put myself to the side and made my life about Will and Liam. Now don't get me wrong, I love these guys with all of my heart and wouldn't trade them for anything in the world. I just haven't been taking care of myself. I became Will's wife and Liam's mom and somewhere in there I got lost.

Well, no more! I'm taking the steps to become the best wife and mom I can be by taking care of myself. I looked into my diet and exercise routines and realized that I wasn't doing either (no wonder I have been feeling depressed). We've decided to start eating clean and cutting out processed foods. It hasn't been easy but I definitely have noticed a difference in my energy level. I can't tell you how awesome it felt to cook dinner last night (chicken fajitas and guacamole) and know every single ingredient in the food. Wow, I just got really excited about food.

Along with diet, I also decided to include more exercise into our daily activities. Liam and I have added stroller walks to our weekly schedule. It gives us a chance to get out of the house and explore a bit. I also went to a Zumba class with my friend, Krystal. It was a blast and I would love to add it to our weekly schedule as well.

One of the most important steps I've taken is seeing a counselor. I have only attended one session so far but I can already see who it will be helpful. We were able to set some goals for the next two weeks and I must say, I am getting excited to regain my happiness and be the best mother and wife I can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment