Monday, October 3, 2011

Losing the Baby Weight!

Hey guys! It's definitely been awhile (I know, I know). I'm not going to make excuses for ignoring the blog, I'll just say that I will try harder to update more often. I will be putting a (late) nine month update next week for Mr. Liam. Now, to the point of this post.

When I had my first prenatal appointment, I weighed 124 lbs. When I had Liam, I weighed 169 lbs. Yes, I gained a whopping 45 lbs! It was mostly due to not exercising and eating whatever I wanted. After I had Liam, I didn't put much effort into losing the weight. Months later, my weight loss had plateaued at 146 lbs. In August, I decided that it was time to lose the baby weight. Liam was eight months old and I wanted to be a healthy (and hot) mama for both my son and husband (who's coming home sooner than we thought). I started using MyFitnessPal.com to track my calories and I've lost 19 lbs in a little over a month. So motivating! Although I'm losing weight, I still haven't gotten my fitness in order. After a PT test at my base, I realized that things on the fitness side are really bad. So, I've decided to do Ripped in 30 starting this week as well as running three times a week.

I took my measurements on the 20th of September. I don't plan on taking my measurements again until 15 days into my fitness plan (so the 18th).
Here's how I measured up:
Bust: 37.5"
Waist: 29.5"
Hip: 36"
Biceps: 11"
Thighs: 23"

Overall, I'm hoping to lose a few inches in my hips and thighs as well as improve my run time and sit-ups (Liam definitely stretched those bad boys out). If anyone has running advice, I will gladly take some. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. You can do it! I can't wait to hear all about your progress.
    Biz

    ReplyDelete