Monday, October 31, 2011

Not Again! (Boob Problems)

I've had a few posts about clogged milk ducts and here I am again with, you guess it, clogged milk ducts. Liam was nursing today and something just didn't feel right. I decided to take a quick hot shower to hand express when I was surprised to find out that I had clogged milk ducts in both breasts (noooooo!!).

I really need to figure out why this keeps happening. Liam nurses off and on during the day but mostly at night. I'm going to try to pay attention to Liam's night feedings and try to record the times that he eats (which is hard since I usually sleep right through the feedings).

When I mention clogged ducts, a lot of people ask if I plan to start weaning Liam soon and the answer is no. I am dedicated to breastfeeding and if I have to deal with clogged ducts so be it. I love the bond breastfeeding has created between Liam and I (at least for the next 7-8 months).

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about the clogged ducts :(
    Praying for a speedy recovery!

    Biz

    ReplyDelete