Thursday, June 30, 2011

Losing the Baby Weight

I'll admit it, I have never like exercising. I actually rarely exercise. This may seem confusing since I'm in the National Guard but in all actuality, our yearly Physical Training test was also my yearly exercise session.

While in high school, I weighed 128-130 lbs. I started to lose some weight during my senior year and when I joined the Guard in 2004, I lost quite a bit of weight in basic training (I left weighing 114 lbs). Over the next few years, my weight stayed pretty steady.

That is until I got pregnant. At my first appointment, I weighed 124 lbs. At the end of my pregnancy, I weighed 169 lbs. I gained waaayyy too much, especially for my small frame. I'm not sure what I expected to happen after having Liam. I knew that I would lose a little weight afterwards but I don't think I fully understood that I would have to actually exercise to lose the rest. Well, I understand that now.

It's not that I'm lazy, I just hate exercising and I have gotten used to eating whatever I want (which is a horrible combination if you don't like being fat). I definitely have lots of motivation to lose the weight: an upcoming PT test, looking amazing for Will's homecoming but most importantly, being fit for Liam.

I really hope I can do it. I want to get back down to at least 115 lbs. I haven't weighed myself recently once I do, I will definitely start to update on my weight loss progress.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment